What a claim ‘eh dear friend. This anti-ageing serum made women like you rethink botox. In fact to be ultra-scientific 78% of women who tried this anti-ageing serum said they were less likely to consider having botox in future.
A targeted skincare serum vs. needles – easy choice.
But – does this serum really, truly, 100% factually work?
Usually I’d advise you to run at lightning speed from any skincare serum claiming to deliver botox like results. However today I bring you a potential exception.
An anti-aging serum with ingredients proven to work, at concentrations much greater than you’ll get in most other anti-ageing skincare.
The makers are so confident they even promise (from consumer trials) to shave 5 years off your experience lines. If those are the 5 years when;
A) You got driven crazy by a miniature human being aka baby/toddler treating you as their ‘need slave’.
B) Life happened at roller-coaster speed and 5 years felt like 15 – still awesomely fun, but still felt like 15.
C) You girl bossed the heck out of your career.
Then those 5 years this skincare treat can grab you back are epically worth it.
But before we get ahead of ourselves, should you take this anti-ageing skincare serum seriously? Does it work? Are the active ingredients proven? How long does this serum take to work? When should you expect results?
Come learn all dear skin savvy, I’ve got your back with a scientific review of the what, why, who and how…
This Anti-ageing Serum Made Women Rethink Botox
Shaved 5 years off experience lines and gave skin noticeable results in just 1 week. Promises, promises, but which skincare treat is behind these skyscraper chocolate cake sized claims? Can you really have all your cake and eat it?
Dear skin savvy the product in question is Boots new and just launched No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum – find it here.
A product Boots claim their testers say – gives them better results than they ever thought possible for skincare to give.
An anti-ageing serum which uses 7 times the concentration of a proven anti-aging ingredient used in Boot’s famous No.7 age defying skincare range.
No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum Review
…and that active ingredient with a weighty promise of anti-ageing results goes by the name of Matrixyl 3000. A peptide… or more factually 2 mini-peptides called;
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide aka Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 and…
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7
Peptides are like a chain of different coloured fairy lights. But in this case, the fairy lights are something called amino acids.
2 or more amino acids make up a fairy light chain aka a peptide. And depending on the colours of your fairy lights, your new fairy light chain will have very different skincare benefits.
Ultimately, pull enough peptide fairy lights together and you have yourself a protein. A very colourful, flashing protein.
Amino acids make peptides and peptides make proteins. Foundations + walls + roof.
And proteins are exactly what your skin’s made from.
And we’re not talking Chinese whispers. We’re talking gigantic shouts of, heal yourself now, be younger now, make more energy now.
Your skin works like this anyhow. Peptides are communicators aka chatter boxes. They like to speak, delegate and tell everyone else (but themselves!) what to do.
This dear friend is the science No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum relies on.
Matrixyl 3000: Does It work?
The fantastic foundation for peptides being able to work in your anti-ageing skincare comes from the firm fact that peptides are exactly what your skin’s using right now to adapt, survive and live. Peptides trigger your skin to heal, to make more wrinkle protecting collagen, to reduce ageing inflammation, to control your skin’s pigmentation.
Peptides are know it alls. If your skin needs to do something, peptides know how.
So whether peptide based skincare works depends on a handful of bullet points;
- Whether you’ve/the makers have selected the right peptide for the job
- If the peptide’s absorbed deeply enough by your skin
- If the peptide’s in a strong enough concentration – aka orange juice not orange coloured water
Here’s some awesome Matrixyl facts for you;
- 3% Matrixyl 3000 used in a face cream for 2 months showed 45% less wrinkles in 2 months – huge – this study was completed by the maker of Matrixyl 3000, something always worth bearing in mind as sometimes you can want something so bad, you make it happen in any way possible. But still – this study is significant (plus supported by what others skincare companies like No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum have found).
- Palmitoyl oligopeptide, one of the 2 peptides making up Matrixyl 3000 stimulates the growth of fibroblasts and accelerates angiogenesis. Ok so in human speak, Palmitoyl oligopeptide can tell your skin to make healthy young skin and collagen plus stimulate your skin to make new blood vessels which is like giving your skin cells access to an all you can eat buffet.
- Matrixyl 3000 can tell your skin to make more of it’s own hyaluronic acid – an ingredient which can plump and smooth your skin.
- Is active on your skin’s elasticity, has retinoic acid aka retinol like activity (more about this soon) and increases your skin’s collagen levels towards those of a younger you.
- Applying a really, really small amount of Matrixyl 3000 to your skin, for the detail geeks reading this – 50 parts per million – makes a significant benefit to lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
While there are fewer independent trials of Matrixyl 3000 – which is normal for a relatively new technology like peptides, the results the makers of Matrixyl 3000 find plus the results of skincare makers are significant and telling. Matrixyl 3000 has a whole host of anti-ageing benefits for your skin. And yes these are enough to shave years off.
No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum: Ingredients
Which for Boot’s No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum is pretty short, sweet and simple. I’ve bracketed the function of every ingredient to help you make perfect sence of what’s in the bottle.
Now buy any skincare product with Matrixyl 3000 and you’re promised to get these ingredients;
- Aqua (Water)
- Butylene Glycol
- Polysorbate 20
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7
…because this is how Matrixyl 3000 comes pre-made. Like ordering a pre-mix for sun-dried tomato bread. The makers of Matrixyl 3000 recommend to use their ingredient at 3%, which is what they see gives that 45% wrinkle reduction in 2 months.
p.s. a heads-up on concentration… because of where Matrixyl 3000 is listed in the No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum ingredient list, we know the active ingredient concentration is below 1%. Why? Because Matrixyl 3000 is found listed below the preservatives used and in the EU the preservative used – phenoxyethanol – is limited to 1%.
- Soothe and relieve stinging, burning and irritated skin sensations – making No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum great for sensitive skin types
- Stop your muscle fibres from contracting aka wrinkling – a bit like botox, but instead of needles, this is a liquid absorbed through your skin
Not bad ‘eh. And because of how No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum works you’ll want to be using yours as a targeted expression and experience line treatment. Aka focus your application on the areas that matter most – kinda like applying concealer, but better, because results don’t wash off.
Matrixyl 3000 vs. Retinol
A few months ago a very well put together TV program skyrocketed the sales of retinol because it claimed the only active skincare ingredient which could help rewind ageing was retinol. Dear friend, this is half truth, retinol is a very effective anti-ageing ingredient however there are many other ingredients (including sunscreen!) which either anti-age your skin or protect your skin against ageing. Both are great, but here’s why this well-watched TV program said retinol – only;
- Retinol is a time tested ingredient, it was first discovered for busting breakouts and acne in the 1940s and after years of use, it’s anti-ageing powers became well-known
- The effects of retinol are well over 60 years old and there’s a ton of studies proving it’s effects
- Out of all active anti-ageing ingredients retinol has the most independent and published testing data
- Retinol is the only prescription available anti-ageing active aka doctors recognise it as an anti-ageing cream
But retinol comes with side effects;
- Retinol can be very irritating and drying to skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles can look worse before they get better – because retinol dries your skin
- Even if you have a non-sensitive skin type you need to build tolerance to retinoids
- If you have a sensitive or hypersensitive skin type you may not ever be able to use retinoids
…and in walks Mr. Peptide, especially the mixture found in No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum.
— Cheryl Woodman (@HonestyForSkin) 16 April 2018
An anti-ageing solution with none of the well recognised side effects of retinol but a whole host of the same anti-ageing benefits. Sure they’re not as well tested, but you wouldn’t let that hold you back from a new flavour of your favourite sweet treat ‘eh. Think of Matrixyl 3000 like a brain box student whose been promoted to final exams 5 years before her age group. She’s less well proven and tested but is getting very similar results anyhow.
Where to Buy No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum
While you can grab yourself most skincare from 10 different online stores, finding a place to buy No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum is a little different. In fact, there’s only one reputable place to buy it online and that’s here at Boots.
Why? That’s a great question beautiful skin savvy – and the answer is this. Boot’s are the parents aka makers of No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum and Boots are also an EU based drugstore, so they not only make their own skincare but they already have a great place to sell it – why go elsewhere.
The catch: If you don’t live in the UK or in an EU country with a Boots store, you may find No7 Laboratories Line Correcting Booster Serum hard to get hold of. Don’t worry, I have a solution for you. If you still want to test out Matrixyl 3000’s anti-ageing powers, grab yourself an internationally available The Ordinary Matrixyl 3000 here at a very potent anti-ageing concentration.
Well there you have it dear friend, the anti-ageing serum which made testers rethink Botox. Will you be giving it a go? Have more questions? Come leave them for me in the chat below…
Cheryl Woodman is a scientist & award winning skincare formulator who’s more friend next door than bow tie wearing professor. As creator of Honesty For Your Skin her aim is to help you care for your skin in the best ways possible. She’s founder of the natural & fragrance free skincare brand Honesty while also hosting 1 to 1 skincare coaching to help you get your best skin yet. Find out more here.