Some skincare brands stand out like an orange M&M in a yummy brown pile of Minstrels. Glossier my friend is one of them. And their skincare products are made by you! Now I’m not talking mix together at home skincare but I am talking made and designed to give you exactly what you asked for skincare. Hoorary!
Which is awesome ‘eh.
When a big company make skincare, they can sometimes get detached from you. Imagine a parent holding a child’s hand, as they’re growing up into a big adult more and more stuff gets in the way of mummy-child time. There’s school friends, food, play-dates, discos (is that still a thing?), learning time. Skincare companies grow like this too.
Small skincare companies get real snuggly with what you want as their loyal fans.
Large skincare companies get lots of things put in-between – budget teams, trend forecasters, market research predictors, company mission – while groups like these are made to help, sometimes they push a company too far from your beautiful voice.
What you want comes out like a funny Chinese whisper at the end.
But not with Glossier. Glossier are different, founded from an online beauty blog called Into the Gloss in 2015 the first glossier skincare products were designed and made to exactly the brief you told them! They blogged to ask you what you wanted and friends exactly like you told them in the comments – taadaa – perfect product outline made.
Today we’re taking a look at the full glossier skincare line up to get you the need-to-know on the best glossier products, must try glossier products and the glossier best and worst. Come take my hand dear friend…
The Full Glossier Line-Up Review
You will love this. Glossier have a very helpful capsule skincare-drobe of 12 designed by you skincare solutions. Lips, cheeks, cleansing, sun protection, exfoliation – everything can be taken care of. If you love skincare but find brands like The Ordinary a wee-bit mind-stretching – don’t we all (!) – Glossier can make your skincare simple and effective. Have your cake and eat it territory.
Your complete Glossier range is;
- Milky Jelly Cleanser – conditioning face wash
- Priming Moisturizer – buildable hydrating creme
- Priming Moisturizer Rich – luxurious face cream
- Invisible Shield – daily sunscreen SPF 30
- Super Pure – niacinamide serum
- Super Bounce – hyaluronic acid serum
- Super Glow – vitamin C serum
- Soothing Face Mist – rosewater spray
- Solution – exfoliating skin perfector
- Mega Green Galaxy Pack – detoxifying mask
- Moisturizing Moon Mask – soothing treatment
- Balm Dotcom – universal skin salve
Now let’s get to the good stuff – which of the above 12 Glossier skin picks are the best glossier products for your very special skin?
Best Glossier Products Review
Excitement – here is when we break down your Glossier line up by what makes them, them – the ingredients. Where we reach in and pull out only the very best Glossier products for your skin-drobe consideration. Of which in my opinion there are 4 multitasking must try Glossier superheros;
- Milky Jelly Cleanser – conditioning face wash – a gentle cleanse great for removing even eye makeup with no sting
- Invisible Shield – daily sunscreen SPF 30 – a gel sunscreen for people who hate sunscreen. Bonus: with zero pesky skin drying alcohol
- Super Glow – vitamin C serum – great for age protecting glow with very stable vitamin C, we’ll chat more about why stability’s important very soon
- Solution – exfoliating skin perfector – perfect solution for all skin types, don’t worry about mixing exfoliating products, use Solution and get a helpful dose of all
p.s. for you skin savvies prone to breakouts (I’m with you!) Glossier is a fab skincare range to love. All 12 skincare staples use no ingredients of high comedogenicity aka pore blocking potential.
Now onto why these 4 best Glossier products stand skyscraper tall from the full Glossier range…
Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser Review
Ever found yourself using 3 separate cleansers to make your skin fresh and makeup free? Eye make up remover, face wipes, double cleanse? Then dear friend you will love Glossier’s Milky Jelly Cleanser for these next fabulous reasons;
- No sting formula – it uses cleansing ingredients from contact lens fluid
- Loves to eat up eye makeup
- pH balanced – read will help keep your skin hydrated and glowing
- SLS/SLES/sulphate free
- Soothing & hydrating actives – allantoin, panthenol
- Non comedogenic – great for helping prevent breakouts
The Glossier cleanser is a beautiful product for being able to wash all areas of your face at once without worry of eye sting. Skin should never feel deeply cleansed, you should be able to tell it only from the towel test. When you gently dry-pat skin, do you see residue? While Glossier recommend using their Milky Jelly Cleanser twice a day, my advice is once (in the evening) is best.
Glossier Invisible Shield Review
The everyday sunscreen for you if you’d even consider giving up chocolate/spa breaks/girls nights in to avoid sunscreen application at all costs.
Sunscreen is the most loved and hated skincare product of all time. Sunscreen will protect your skin age like nothing else – amazing stuff. On the other side, sunscreen can make you look like Casper the ghost and decidedly not ever want to rub in.
Glossier’s Invisible Shield is great for all these reasons;
- No white cast
- Gel which easily & quickly rubs in
- No alcohol! An amazing fact because most easy-rub in sunscreens use alcohol to make them absorb quickly
- Fast absorbing making makeup after sunscreen easy
- No shiny afterlook
If you’re in need of a daily sunscreen you want to use. Add Glossier Invisible Shield to your must have list. The sunscreen to break your I-have-sunscreen-in-my-makeup bag I never use rut.
Glossier Super Glow Review
If you don’t yet use vitamin C skincare, you my friend are about to discover bright skin like you’ve never had before. Like turning on the TV to find Will Smith just at the moment he’s getting in his 1 contracted shirt-off scene. Oh yes. Vitamin C is a fantastic anti-aging brightener for all skin types. Vitamin C in pure form is known as L-ascorbic acid. An ingredient who will always pick marathon running before couch potato-ing.
Vitamin C as L-ascorbic acid is very hard to make still meaning serums with L-ascorbic acid can lose activity before absorbing into your skin.
— Cheryl Woodman (@HonestyForSkin) 5 February 2018
Glossier’s Super Glow Serum uses a very effectively protected version of vitamin C called aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate. A type of vitamin C being a lot, lot more stable than L-ascorbic acid. A dude which can be persuaded into coach-potato-ing before running a brightening, anti-aging marathon on your skin.
You will love Glossier Super Glow serum because;
- New ultra stable form of vitamin C in serum form – aka absorbs more deeply
- Powerful house anti-ageing antioxidant
- Contains helping magnesium PCA for hydration and glow
- Very effective for evening skin tone and adding heaping amounts of glow
- Sensitive to skin
p.s. While Glossier’s Super Glow serum is fab and one of my best glossier products picks, if you’re after skincare a little kinder on the pennies, try The Ordinary’s Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%.
Glossier Solution Review
Glossier’s fuss free approach to skincare is refreshing – a value Glossier live true to in their must try exfoliating Solution.
Exfoliating your face by applying skin friendly exfoliating acids is the absolute best way. Exfoliating acids work gradually with time and require no pulling and tugging of your skin. A skincare product absolutely aimed for giving you glowing fresh dew. Glossier’s Solution makes our Best Glossier Products list because it takes the fuss out of choosing an exfoliating acid right for your skin type. Salicylic, glycolic, lactic, polyhydroxy acids – with Glossier’s Solution, worry’s taken away – they’ve got you covered with a 10% mixture meaning Glossier’s Solution has your skin sorted.
Reasons Glossier’s Solution makes our absolute best Glossier product list;
- Mix of exfolaiting acids for dry, oily and mature skin types – also perfect for combination skin
- Right pH (3.6) for very good exfoliation
- Extremely easy to use dispenser pump
Great Concept But You Can Get Else Where for Better
Our Glossier best products list also doesn’t mean the non-hit makers aren’t fab. There are others to love but they do have rivals which will love your skin and wallet just as much. On the I love you but I can dupe you for less list we have;
- Super Pure – niacinamide serum; Dupe for The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
- Balm Dotcom – universal skin salve; Dupe for Carmex Lip Pot Original
Both are great Glossier products. The Super Pure niacinamide serum with zinc is fab for oily, congested blemish prone skin while the Balm Dotcom has a lovely selection of chapped lip skin conditioners perfect for keeping lips smoothed, hydrated and healthy all year round. Become a die-hard fan of Glossier and you might love them just as much as the best Glossier products. If you love to shop around try the above much cheaper dupes.
There you have it my friend, your Glossier best products list sorted. Which are you trying first? Have more questions? Wondering how these fit into your skin routine? Ask me in the comments below…
Cheryl Woodman is a scientist, skin health expert & award winning skincare formulator who’s more friend next door than bow tie wearing professor. As creator of Honesty For Your Skin her aim’s to help you get healthier, happier skin you feel comfortable, confident and like the freakin’ awesomesauce you are in. Select the option which best describes your skin health here to see and hear the amazing transformations you could be getting.